FIRESafe MARIN, in cooperation with the Marin County Fire Chiefs Association, has updated our online Wildfire Evacuation Guide with new information and intitial updates from lessons learned during the recent North Bay wildfires.
- Evacuation Orders vs Warnings
- Sheltering in place
- What to do BEFORE a fire threatens
- What to do when evacuation is a possibility
- When to Evacuate
- The Evacuation Process
- What if my road is blocked?
- My neighborhood is "one way in, one way out"!
- What to do if you need help evacuating
- Should I evacuate over fire roads?
- What to do if you become trapped - inside your home, outside your home, in your vehicle
Read our online Wildfire Evacuation Guide today!
REGISTER FOR ALERT MARIN
If a wildfire requires evacuation in Marin and time allows, emergency managers will use the "Alert Marin" system to send out notifications by telephone, cellular, VOIP, and text message. If you live, work or go to school in Marin County, you may register your cell phone or VoIP (voice over internet protocol) phone to receive emergency alerts sent by call, text, email, or smartphone application from the County of Marin.