Attention Marin Homeowners! Join FIRESafe MARIN for a FREE 2-hour seminar on wildfire home-hardening.
- 5PM Live Burn Demo and Manufacturer Showcase
- 6PM-8PM Seminar for Homeowners
Recognizing that home-hardening through improved architectural design, ember and ignition resistant material selection, and retrofitting existing buildings are the most important factors in improving home survival during wildfires, FIRESafe MARIN has developed a seminar and training curriculum to introduce homeowners to these concepts.
Taught by experts in the field of wildfire, home hardening, and building science, this seminar will help Marin homeowners to:
- Identify their home’s vulnerabilities to wildfires and embers;
- Introduce ignition and ember resistant design and materials;
- Provide home-hardening and retrofitting resources;
- Encourage building modifications to reduce the likelihood of structural ignitions during wildfires;
- Manufacturer representatives will be on-site to display fire resistant building materials.
**Weather permitting, a live fire demonstration will be conducted at 5PM to demonstrate the differences between ordinary and fire-resistant construction.
Are you a building industry professional? At 1PM November 19, FIRESafe MARIN will host an even more detailed and informative 4 hour seminar for architects, contractors, handmen, and DIYers. If you're interested in attending this seminar, click here...