“When you live in Marin, adapting to wildfire is a new way of life.”
About the Festival
Fire Safe Marin presents “Ember Stomp,” the first-ever wildfire prevention festival in Marin County. This FREE event held on May 28, 2022, at the Marin Center Fairgrounds Island will be a celebration of Marin County’s groundbreaking community effort to reduce the risk of a catastrophic wildfire. The festival will be an immersive experience, featuring live music, hands-on activities, awards and entertainment, and lots of great food, inviting all Marin residents to explore ways to keep fire safe.
Saturday, May 28, 2022
11 AM to 5PM
San Rafael, California
- A “Demo House” area, a fully constructed small model house that showcases home hardening features and materials.
- A “Demo Garden,” organized by UC Marin Master Gardeners, will teach people about the principles and elements of a fire-smart landscape.
- Supporting organizations and community partners with contributing messages will surround these areas.
- The Marin Wildfire Prevention Authority (MWPA), fire agencies, and Firewise USA communities and other preparendess and wildfire prevention organizations will share an area to answer questions and welcome people.
- The main stage – “Stomp Stage” will feature 4 unique Northern California bands.
- A small stage will provide a platform for kids entertainment and fire prevention demonstrations.
- Goats! An area to learn about the role goats and sheet play in land management to reduce wildfires.
- Awards will be announced throughout the day to highlight the great work of our partners and the people who lead the way.
All ages are welcome.
Excited about this event? Please let us know you are coming by clicking here.