Your donation can help protect a neighborhood, community, or entire landscape from wildfire!
We are a 501(c)3 non-profit, and your donations are tax-deductible (please consult your tax advisor). Federal ID # 68-0375763.
Fire Safe Marin accepts donations to support important wildfire safety projects in Marin County, California, measurably improving fire safety for all residents and visitors to Marin. Our small staff and dedicated volunteers depend on support from contributors like you to complete these vital projects, and your donation will be used to directly support our mission.
We operate with extremely low overhead–virtually every dollar donated or secured through grants goes directly to enhancing Marin and California’s wildfire safety through our education, vegetation management, planning, and mitigation activities. We believe in putting our money where our mouth is, and unlike many nonprofits do not invest heavily in fundraising. If you donate, you can be assured that your dollars go directly to work “on the ground.”
How Far Does Your Donation Go?
- $500 helps pay for vegetation removal at 5-10 properties.
- $1,000 will cover a chipper day for a community.
- $10,000 will provide evacuation route improvements for an entire neighborhood or a planning project to help protect an entire city.
- $100,000 can help protect 1,000 homes through a large-scale vegetation management project.
- $1,000,000 will provide a landscape-scale defense against wildfire, or protect a community for a generation.