The Marin Master Gardeners publish Fire Smart Landscape Tips each month.
You can find all of the articles posted here.
Home Evaluation Tips
The following links provide guidance to fix some of the most common issues cited in the home evaluation reports:
- Stop fire ladders
- Cut annual grasses and weeds
- Remove leaf litter
- Remove dead or dying trees
- Remove tree limbs within 10′ of chimney
- Remove tree limbs overhanging structure
- Clear trees or limbs encroaching on roadway or driveway
- Clear shrubs encroaching on roadway or driveway
- Clear combustible vegetation or debris near roadway or driveway
- Remove or replace combustible mulch
- Relocate firewood at least 30’ away from structures
- Relocate recycling and garbage cans vulnerable to embers