Come join our team! We are beginning a search for a PT Community Liaison. This position will help foster a collaborative working relationship with Fire Safe Marin’s partner agencies. This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in wildfire prevention and who enjoys being out in the community. The ideal candidate will have solid organizational skills and thrive in a community-facing role. The position offers good flexibility and a supportive team.
Read the job description below and email us if you have any questions.
20 hours per week including some weekends and evenings.
FSM collaborates with public, private and non-profit organizations on a wide variety of
public outreach and education efforts. Some of the ways we work together with our partners
include: developing training programs for specific audiences like the access and functional
needs community; creating educational materials; delivering resources to targeted
audiences; and providing information and support to the various communities of Marin.
Partner agencies include community-based organizations like the Marin Center for
Independent Living and North Marin Community Services, government agencies like Marin
County Parks and the City of San Rafael, and industry groups like the Marin Association of
Realtors. We work in partnership with cities, towns, community-based organizations and
industry groups to amplify our messages.
The Community Liaison shall foster a collaborative working relationship with Fire Safe
Marin’s partner agencies. Must have strong interpersonal skills, enabling you to work well
with others and adjust your approach to collaborate effectively. A wide degree of creativity
and latitude is expected. The Community Liaison reports to Fire Safe Marin Director of
Communications and Outreach.
● Regularly meet with partner agencies
● Assist team in the development of educational content and resources
● Participate in tabling and similar activities for contact with public and community partners
● Reply to email, telephone or face to face inquiries
● Attend Fire Safe Marin weekly meetings and work collaboratively with the team
● Prepare weekly activity reports, including tracking of community events
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Proven experience working with people with a broad range of backgrounds
● Team-player who can collaborate with colleagues
● Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
● Attention to detail and problem solving skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● College degree preferred
● Bilingual Spanish desired
● Knowledge of Marin
● Interest in wildfire preparedness
Fire Safe Marin’s office is located in San Anselmo, California. Our staff collaborates
remotely and is responsible for evidence and tracking of work. Hourly rate is $35. Please
send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.