2016 PG&E Fuel Reduction Grants
PG&E Awarded Fire Safe Marin seven grants in 2016, totalling $152,180, to reduce wildfire hazards in Marin. Fuel reduction work was conducted summer 2016, with all projects completed by October 1.
Fire Safe Marin would like to thank our partner agencies and members who helped complete these projects quickly and efficiently, and PG&E for providing funding and making widfire hazard reduction a priority in Marin.
Fire hazard reduction projects were completed in Mill Valley, Tamalpais Valley, Corte Madera, Kentfield, Novato, Fairfax, Sleepy Hollow, and San Rafael. Individual project descriptions and reports are available at the links below.
- Marin-01: Camino Alto Pines – Mill Valley/Corte Madera
- Marin-02: Crown Rd to Coronet Rd Vegetation Management Project – Kentfield
- Marin-03: San Anselmo Fuel Management Projects – San Anselmo
- Marin-04: Seaver Avenue Fuel Reduction – Mill Valley
- Marin-05: Forest Way Eucalyptus Removal – Tamalpais Valley
- Marin-06: Black Point Fuel Reduction/Evacuation Route Improvement – Novato
- Marin-07: Fire Safe Marin Chipper Program – Countywide
Thank you to all Fire Safe Marin Partners and Members!
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)
- Golden gate National Recreation Area
- Los Ranchitos Improvement Association
- Pacheco Valle Firewise Committee
- Novato Fire Protection District
- Kentfield Fire Protection District
- Southern Marin Fire Protection District
- Jim Kasper, Tamalpais Commuinity Servcies District
- Ross Valley Fire Department
- Sleepy Hollow Fire Protection District