- This event has passed.
Living With Fire: Mill Valley
May 5, 2019 @ 3:00 PM - 5:00 PMFree
As Marin residents, we all share responsibility to be prepared for wildfires. Wildfires are a natural part of our environment, and it’s imperative that we build our homes, maintain our landscapes, and prepare our families for the next major fire.
Learn about Mill Valley’s hazard and risk, and what you can do about it from the wildfire experts at Mill Valley Fire Department, Southern Marin Fire District, and Fire Safe Marin.
- Are you and your family prepared to safely evacuate when a wildfire strikes?
- Is your home vulnerable to igniting from wildfire embers?
- Does your home have adequate Defensible Space?
- Are you interested in working with neighbors and land managers to reduce fire risk in your community?
- Updates on Mill Valley Fire Department ‘s WUI ordinances.
- Local evacuation specifics.
This workshop is intended primarily for residents, homeowners, and regular visitors to Mill Valley, CA. Registration online at www.firesafemarin.org/events is encouraged, but not required.
Sunday, May 5 2019 from 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Mill Valley Fire Department and Southern Marin Fire District will host this seminar, consisting of a 60-minute presentation on wildfire preparedness, with a short . introduction and update and opportunity for public input on future planning efforts, and 30 minutes of questions and answers.
Additional “Living WIth Fire” seminars for residents of other locales will be held across Marin in 2019. Each “Living With Fire” session will focus on issues facing the community hosting the event.
This seminar will include information specific to residents of Mill Valley or Southern Marin Fire District (seminars will also be offered in Sausalito, Stawberry/Alto, Tiburon in May – check back soon).