- This event has passed.
Living With Fire: Strawberry
May 1, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Join us for a FREE 2-hour seminar on wildfire preparedness for aouthern Marin residents.
As Marin residents, we all share responsibility to be prepared for wildfires. Wildfires are a natural part of our environment, and it’s imperative that we build our homes, maintain our landscapes, and prepare our families for the next major fire.
Learn about southern Marin’s hazard and risk, and what you can do about it from the wildfire experts at Southern Marin Fire District and Fire Safe Marin.
- Are you and your family prepared to safely evacuate when a wildfire strikes?
- Is your home vulnerable to igniting from wildfire embers?
- Does your home have adequate Defensible Space?
- Are you interested in working with neighbors and land managers to reduce fire risk in your community?
- Updates on Southern Marin Fire District’s WUI ordinances.
- Local evacuation specifics.
- Introduction to planning and hazard assessment which is underway, and opportunity for public input.
This workshop is intended primarily for residents, homeowners, and regular visitors to southern Marin county, CA. Registration online at www.firesafemarin.org/events is encouraged, but not required.
Wednesday, May 1, 2019 from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Southern Marin Fire District will host this seminar, consisting of a 60-minute presentation on wildfire preparedness, with a short . introduction and update and opportunity for public input on future planning efforts, and 30 minutes of questions and answers.
Additional “Living WIth Fire” seminars for residents of other locales will be held across Marin in 2019 (see www.firesafemarin.org/events for details). Each “Living With Fire” session will focus on issues facing the community hosting the event.
This seminar will include information specific to residents of Southern Marin Fire District.
From Highway 101, take the Seminary Drive exit,
Traveling Northbound 101, take the exit and turn LEFT off the freeway.
Traveling Southbound 101, turn LEFT and follow the road underneath the freeway.
Turn RIGHT on Seminary Drive after passing the Chevron Station.
Turn RIGHT at the stop sign to stay on Seminary Drive.
After you pass the large sports field on your left,
Turn LEFT onto Gilbert Drive and drive to the top of the hill.
Please park in Lot A.