FIRE in Marin!
A FREE 2-hour class for Marin residents
Come learn why our communities are at great risk for a catastrophic fire and what you can do about it. Learn how to create attractive landscaping that complies with your Fire Department’s Defensible Space regulations. Class also covers how to make your home more fire resistant and what you need to know to be ready to evacuate if needed.
Saturday, September 10th, 10 am to noon
Mill Valley Community Center, 180 Camino Alto, MV
Sunday, August 21st, 4 to 6 pm
Central Marin Police, 250 Doherty Dr., Larkspur
Pre-registration strongly recommended so we have enough hand-outs.
Please leave your name, city and email address.
- Why Marin is at risk for a catastrophic fire
- Good and bad types of vegetation
- How you can stop a fire from spreading in your landscape
- How you can make your home fire safe
- What the City and County are doing
- Personal safety during a fire
- What your block and neighborhood can do
Please note: these excellent workshops are not hosted by or affiliated with Fire Safe Marin.